Warning: Crack is dangerously delicious.
Here's what you need:
40 saltine crackers
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of light brown sugar
8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
I said it was good, I never said it was good for you.
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange 40 saltine crackers on cookie sheet like so:
2. Put butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat:
As it starts to melt, it will look like this (and smell like Heaven on Earth):
Bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil and then continue to boil for 5 minutes. Stir, fast and furious.
3. Pour the butter/brown sugar mixture over the crackers and do your best to cover them evenly.
Put the cookie sheet into the oven and watch it like a hawk. You want to remove it just when it starts to bubble. It will take 4 or 5 minutes.
4. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips all over the top.
The chips will start to melt, use a butter knife to spread the chocolate all over the top.
5. Pop the cookie sheet into the freezer and leave it there for 20 minutes. The crackers will form one big sheet.
6. Break it into pieces and store in an airtight container. You'll think it's good the first day...you won't want to live without it the second day. Enjoy!