Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Super Simple Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing

I'm all about anything that will make my life easier. Especially in the kitchen. That's why I'm such a huge fan of crock pot cooking. I plan to share many of my favorite recipes here on my blog, a lot of which are crock pot recipes.

We tend to associate the crock pot with the winter months, pot roast, chili, etc. Now that the weather’s warming up I’ll be using my crock pot more than ever. Running my oven in the summer turns my little house into Dante’s inferno, so the crock pot is a lifesaver.

This recipe is one that I've made many, many times. It's super simple and really yummy.

Super Simple Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing

What You Need:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1) can Cream of Mushroom Soup (you could use any 'Cream of' soup if you're not a fan of mushroom- I happen to love mushrooms, but I bet this would be good with Cream of Chicken too), 1/3 cup of milk, (1) box instant Chicken Stuffing, 1 1/2 cups of water and salt and pepper

What You Do:

1) Wash chicken breasts, pat dry. Season to your liking with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in crock pot.

2) Mix soup and milk together in a bowl, pour over chicken.

3) Combine stuffing and water (with a wee bit of salt and pepper if you choose) in a bowl. Allow stuffing to soak up the water. Spoon over chicken and soup in crock pot.

4) Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours

It doesn't get much easier than that. I serve this with cranberry sauce and corn. It’s a family favorite for sure.  

 
P.S. - Love these slow cooker liners from Reynolds. They make clean up a breeze.
 

1 comment:

  1. I have done this, also putting slices of ham and cheese over the chicken, for a cordon blue effect.

    ReplyDelete