Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Balsamic Chicken & Onions

I took out a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts to thaw this morning, around came dinner time and I still had no idea what I was doing with it. I've mentioned my love of balsamic vinegar before, here's yet another delicious recipe using it: Balsamic Chicken & Onions!

Here's what you need:

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (In hindsight, I feel like 1/4 cup each of oil and balsamic might have been enough.)

Salt and pepper, to taste (I used course ground sea salt and fresh ground black pepper)

(1) onion, sliced

Here's what you do:

1) Preheat oven to 400. Wash chicken, pat dry. Remove excess fat and funk. Season with salt and pepper as to your liking. Place chicken in a gallon size plastic bag.

2) Pour oil and vinegar into bag. Seal bag. Shake like crazy to mix and coat. Use tongs to remove chicken from bag, place chicken in a baking dish.

3) Scatter onion slices on top of chicken. Pour oil/vinegar mixture over top of chicken.

4) Bake for 20-60 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.

Doesn't it look yumbly?

Pour a little extra juice on each piece of chicken as you serve it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment