Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bologna Head!

Three years ago today, I had the incredible good fortune to become this little guy's Mom.

Dear Daniel,

Today is your birthday. You are three years old. Or "three mores old" as you are telling everyone. All day today when someone said "Happy Birthday" to you, you wished them a happy birthday back. I gave you a Scooby-Doo coloring book this morning. You would have thought I gave you a million dollars. You were so excited and thanked me over and over again. It's my hope that the simple things in life will always bring you such joy and that you'll always appreciate everything you have. It's simple things that are the best things. 


Last week you finally mastered opening the refrigerator. I came out of the bathroom to find you had covered your entire head in bologna. "Daniel! What are you doing?!", I shrieked. You smiled that smile of yours and said, "I made  a hat!" You were pretty proud of that processed meat creation. I let you leave it on for a few minutes before fighting you to take it off and throw it away. You smelled like bologna for the rest of the day. 


You have a unique outlook on life, my sweet baby. Not many people would see a stack of bologna and think, "Gee, this would make a cool hat." But apparently that's exactly what you thought...that or you were attempting to make me crazier than I already am. I tend to think it was a little bit of both. Mommy needs to be kept on her toes and you're just the right man for the job.

I love you more than you'll ever know, my little bologna head.
Now and forever,
Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment